The Joint Sugar House...the Chiropractic place

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Can a Chiropractor in Utah help your golf game?

Every April I get excited for a certain sporting event.  Growing up, I played golf through High School and College and have tried to play as much as I can over the past several years (which isn't much). Every April, The Masters golf tournament is something I look forward to and am so excited to watch. I can still tell you exactly where I was and what I was doing when Jack Nicklaus won The Masters at 46 years old...when Tiger Woods captured his first Masters by dominating the field...and (my personal favorite) when Phil Mickelson went 5-under on the back side capped by a slippery downhill putt on the 18th for his first major championships after so many 2nd place finishes.

This year was no different, watching as much of the tournament as I could.  Seeing a very young Jordan Spieth literally dominate the field (and Augusta National) wire to wire was one of the more impressive things I have seen in golf in the last 30 years.  I could talk for hours about how he played the course and managed his emotions in order to run away with the victory, but instead, I would like to address what he said after the victory.

During his acceptance speech, he thanked all the usual people...his family, his coach, his caddy and his chiro.  THATS RIGHT!!!!  HE THANKED HIS CHIROPRACTOR!!!!  Standing on the 18th Green at Augusta National after winning one of the most prestigious golf events in the world...he thanked his Chiropractor.

I love hearing things like this, not because of recognition for chiropractors/chiropractic, but because here is someone that understands that in order for his body to function to its capacity, he needs a properly functioning spine and nervous system.  And in order to have a properly functioning spine and nervous system, chiropractic needs to be a big part of his health regimen.

You may not be a world class golfer, but I would imagine that you have the desire for your body to function to its capacity.  Make chiropractic a part of your health regimen. Your body will thank you for it!


~ Dr. Michael Hill