The Joint Sugar House...the Chiropractic place

Thursday, July 2, 2015

What are your chiropractic goals? Treatment plans in Salt Lake City

 A few weeks ago I found myself really hungry. I didn't want just any food. I wanted a good meal. So I went to a new restaurant that I have never been to but was told by some friends that this was the best in Salt Lake City. As I sat down, I noticed they hadn't given me a menu. The waitress comes over to me, and I ask to see the menu while she gets my drink. She proceeds to tell me that they don't have menus, but rather the chef will decide what he thinks is the best for me. I think to myself, this is different. I'm reluctant, but my friend recommended this place to me so I figure I'd give it a try. I mean, the chef is the expert, right? If anyone would know what I would want, it would be him. Right?

Well, I sit there in anticipation for what delicious surprise will be coming out that was specially made for me. 15 minutes later, I see my waitress headed toward me with my uniquely prepared meal. As she sets it in front of me, I notice that my heart is beating faster. Working as a chiropractic physician can really build an appetite. She sets down the plate in front of me to reveal a beautifully laid out salad. The problem, though, is that I'm a little weird in that I like to eat my salad last. I ask the waitress if I can save the salad for later, but she says that's not how they do things here. The place is packed, and everyone seems to be enjoying themselves, so I reluctantly begin to eat the salad.

Next, they bring out a juicy ribeye steak with a side plate of mac and cheese. Now, I love me a good ribeye. But I am not a fan of mac and cheese. I mean, if that is all I had to eat, I could live on it but it certainly would not be my first through tenth choice of side dishes. As I cut into the ribeye, I notice that it is cooked very well done. I ask the waitress if I could get a ribeye cooked to medium rare. She refuses and says that is not good for my health and that the way the chef cooked my steak is a much better choice for me.

By this time, I'm a little frustrated. I'm hungry so I suffer through it and begin eating the burnt steak. Soon desert arrives and I find myself staring at a perfectly cut slice of cheesecake. It looks perfect. The only problem? I do not like cheesecake! Again, the waitress informs me that is how it done here. I leave the restaurant wishing I had just gone to Burger King where I could have had it my way.

By now I'm sure you have realized that this scenario is completely made up. Other than me not liking mac and cheese, cheesecake or medium rare ribeye steak. You're probably wondering what this has to do with our Salt Lake City chiropractic clinic and why we are so busy. Quite a bit. You see, there are different types of chiropractic clinics. A lot of clinics dictate every single part of your care. They examine you and tell you exactly what your care plan will be. All without finding out what you are looking for or what YOUR goals are. You are expected to have it their way!

At The Joint - Sugar House, we try hard to be different. We examine patients and tell them exactly what is going on. But we also listen to you and take into consideration what your goals are. When I sit down with a new patient, I let them know that MY goals for them come second to their goals. If it was up to me, I would help every patient get out of pain as fast as possible, then have them come in at a minimum every 2 weeks for a checkup. But that is MY goal. My job is to help YOU achieve YOUR goal, not mine. We always ask ourselves, "If this was my relative, what would I do?" That means we don't make you commit to some huge long-term treatment plan of 100 visits over the next year and make you prepay for all of it. Instead, we show you, based on our many years’ experience and thousands of patients, how to best achieve YOUR goals for chiropractic treatment. That may be to just get pain under control or long term maintenance care. We also give you 3 options of how you would like to handle your care, ranging from paying full price of $29 per visit to our most affordable plan of $12 per visit.
We also make it really easy to get in when you need by being a walk in clinic. You don't need an appointment, and we are open 7 days a week! Now that's convenience!

Always know that we are here to help you achieve your health goals, whatever they may be.

~ Dr. Sonny Tuft, D.C.