The Joint Sugar House...the Chiropractic place

Sunday, December 13, 2015

How Chiropracgtors in Salt Lake City can help "Fix things"




As you can probably guess, as a Salt Lake City chiropractor I get a lot of questions about people's health. You may have also noticed that I get some questions repeatedly & when I do, I usually write about them in a blog post. Well, you guessed it, this months commonly asked question has to do with patients asking me,

"How can I fix that?"

Another version of that same question has been,

"Why does this keep happening?" & "What can I do to make it stay in place?"

I get it! In today's society we are all about getting things fixed. Something goes wrong with our car, we take it to the shop so they can fix it or we try to fix it ourself. Same thing with our computer. Something goes wrong or it just isn't working the way we think it should. We take it to a computer expert to "fix it". 

It seems that today, whatever problem arises in our life, we can take it somewhere & get it fixed. So, I can completely understand someone's thought process when they come to me to help them with their pain or to get their spine checked. It makes sense on the surface, but as we begin to understand our body & how it works, it can become clearer what it needs to get & stay healthy.

If we take a look at what our lives look like today & compare it to what lives looked like decades ago, we quickly see the many differences & challenges that we face today that weren't there decades ago. Our bodies are designed to deal with some stress and back pain, & then be able to rest from that stress. Today we are bombarded with stress. Physical, chemical & emotional stress have become apart of our daily lives. We get very little break from them. Think about your hobbies, work routine & your general daily life. How many times do we find ourselves doing repetitive things or motions? We all have a dominant side. So just even the act of walking around or going up/down stairs. Our dominant side will work differently (more/less) than our non-dominant side. It may be just a slight difference but as we move throughout the day, those slight differences all add up.

This is one example of how our bodies work. So when someone asks me one or both of those questions above, I talk to them about these things & tell them chiropractic isn't about "fixing" things, because we will continue to live our daily lives with stress. So, chiropractic is about maintaining rather than fixing. As I've said in past blog posts, the key to chiropractic care is consistency. Every body is different, so we need to find what your consistency needs to be & stick with it for better health. Either that or go live in a cozy little bubble away from the average daily life & stress.

I don't know about you, but I love living life, so I'll keep up on my own consistent chiropractic care.

To Your Health,
Dr. Tuft