The Joint Sugar House...the Chiropractic place

Friday, July 22, 2016

What is your Goal with your Salt Lake City Chiropractor?

During my chiropractic education, I attended 2 different chiropractic schools.  The first was in Marietta, Georgia and the second was in Orange County, California.  One of the things that struck me as interesting when I transferred schools was that the same principles were being taught at both schools... but they were being taught from a pretty different point of view.

Let me explain:

At one of the schools, I was taught that the chiropractors job was to adjust the vertebrae of the spine in order to relieve and remove pressure from the nervous system (nerves) so that the brain could have free and unhindered communication with every cell of the human body (along those nerves).  When the brain can communicate with every cell, the brain can regulate, control, and heal the body without the need for outside influences.

At the other school, I was taught that the chiropractors job was to adjust the joints of the body in order to restore proper function to those joints to allow the body to move properly.  As the joints move properly, there is less (ideally no) "wear & tear" on the joints and no inflammation created because the joint is functioning properly.

It was always interesting to me to see the different points of view being taught about the same profession with Chiropractors in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Now, in practice, we have a lot of people coming to us for help.  We get patients who come in because they are in pain and want to get out of pain.  We have patients who come to us because they want their bodies to function optimally.  We have patients who want to avoid future health problems and are choosing to be proactive about their health.

My biggest question for all patients that I see in our office is, "WHAT IS  YOUR GOAL?"  I want to try and help you achieve your goals.  If I am trying to convince you to do what I want you to do...I don't think our relationship will be a good one.




 

If you are only interested in getting out of pain...I would love to help you achieve that goal.  I will make a recommendation on what I think it will take to help you achieve that goal.

If your goal is to get out of pain and stay out of pain...I will make the recommendation that I think will help you achieve that goal.

If your goal is to maintain optimal function of the spine/joints in order for your body to function to its capacity...I will make a recommendation to help you achieve that goal.

No matter what your goal is...the patient and the doctor must be on the same page and working toward it together with routine Chiropractic Care in Salt Lake City, Utah

Dr. Michael Hill
The Joint Chiropractic Sugar House