The Joint Sugar House...the Chiropractic place

Monday, May 8, 2017

How routine Chiropractic Care can help Salt Lake City Residents live a Healthier life

How routine Chiropractic Care can help Salt Lake City Residents live a Healthier Life.

I'm not a big time Facebook user. Yes, I have an account but I don't post much to it. Sometimes I do get on it to check out what's going on and see if there's anything interesting. Most of the time I find some video that catches my attention and the problem becomes that after I watch that video there is other similar videos that appear under the one I clicked on and I click on those as well. Before I know it, over an hour (maybe even two) has passed and I can never get that time back. Therefore, I try to not go on to Facebook very often.

During one of these times that I have got on, I have noticed a certain video that has appeared. I have seen two different versions of it, both with the same message. Maybe you have seen this video as well. It is a video that shows a guy dressed in warmer clothes. He walks out of his house and looks all around at the sunshine, green trees and lawn, and the warm weather. He gets really excited, runs back in the house doing the happy dance. Goes to his room and changes clothes. He puts on his shorts and a tee shirt and tennis shoes. He runs downstairs and goes outside, only to find it covered in snow and freezing. The person who posts these videos says something like, "only in Utah" or whatever state they live in to demonstrate how quickly the weather can change from one moment to the next. It's a funny video and we can find it true in many cases.

The weather is the only thing that can change in a blink of an eye. At The Joint Chiropractic in Sugar House, I get many patients that come in with pain and tell me that they didn't have this pain before yesterday or this morning. They say there was nothing that they can think of to cause this pain they are having. Even this morning, I had one of our regular patients come in with the help of a friend. She was in tears. When she first came to see us a few months ago, it was for pain in her neck & upper back. We aware able to quickly help her get out of that pain and she has been faithful in coming in regularly to strengthen her spine to keep it from coming back. This morning, she was laying on the floor & when she went to get up, she experienced severe low back pain. She was having trouble walking without help. I treated her three time today to speed up her healing and with each treatment, she improved a little bit each time.

What happened to her? I told her I suspected that she was one of the 60% of people that are walking around with an asymptomatic disc problem. That is when there is a problem but no symptoms show. Then one day they come "out of the blue". This is another big reason why we at The Joint Chiropractic Salt Lake City we tell our patients that they should get checked regularly with Chiropractic to improve the health of their spine. As the old saying goes, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure". For more information go to:https://www.thejoint.com/utah/salt-lake-city/sugar-house-45001